ACL can help you with reporting on issues affecting older adults, people with disabilities, and the families and caregivers of both.
Contact us when you need info about:
- The changing landscape for older adults – nursing homes and assisted living facilities are not inevitable
- Home- and community-based services that help people live independently
- Challenges to community living for older adults and people with disabilities
- Healthy aging strategies/programs, including nutrition, brain health, falls prevention, chronic disease self-management, and others
- Assistive technology
- Particular challenges for people in rural and tribal areas
- Preserving people’s right to self-determination: person-centered planning, the impact of the Olmstead decision, the “settings rule,” supported decision making, etc.
- Inclusion and integration; integrated competitive employment
- Elder abuse and efforts to prevent it
- Research and development to improve support for people with disabilities and older adults
- Increasing cultural competency and diversity programs in ACL programs and networks
- Special observances: Older Americans Month, Autism Awareness Month, National Disability Employment Awareness Month, World Elder Abuse Awareness Day, National Family Caregiver Month, etc.
- Anything else related to aging, disability (physical, intellectual, developmental, sensory), and/or community living.