Next week will be an important week for the elder justice community. On Monday, June 12, leaders from across the federal government will participate in an Elder Justice Coordinating Council (EJCC) meeting. And on Thursday, June 15th, communities around the world will commemorate World Elder Abuse Awareness Day (WEAAD).
Join ACL in taking a stand against elder abuse, neglect, and exploitation:
- Follow the EJCC Meeting: The EJCC meeting is 1:00 -3:30pm ET on Monday. Register to attend the meeting in person or watch the livestream online. You can also get updates during the meeting by following #EJCC on Twitter.
- Find WEAAD resources including outreach and event guides, fact sheets, and graphics on the WEAAD 2017 site.
- Join the "Finish this Sentence" social media campaign and tell us how we can build strong supports for older adults. Access the template and guidelines, also available in Korean, Spanish, Chinese and French on the WEAAD Tools and Tips page.
- Find a WEAAD event near you or add your event to the map.
- Share photos from your WEAAD commemoration on Twitter and Instagram using #WEAAD. We'll be collecting a sampling of photos from around the world on a Storify page.