Deadline extended for the MACRA Measure Development Plan Call for TEP
The deadline for the Call for Technical Expert Panel for the MACRA Measure Development Plan has been extended to 11:59 p.m. ET on January 8, 2018.
Health Services Advisory Group, Inc. (HSAG), Measure & Instrument Development and Support contractor to the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), is seeking nominations for representatives of the following areas of expertise to participate in a Technical Expert Panel (TEP):
- Consumer/patient/family (caregiver) perspective;
- Frontline clinicians with experience in emergency medicine, neurology, allergy/immunology, rheumatology, or physical medicine and rehabilitation;
- Individual clinical practices, medical groups, or accountable care organizations;
- Consumer or patient advocacy;
- Personal experience receiving care for a neurological condition, a rheumatic disease, asthma or other allergic or immunological disorder, a musculoskeletal disorder, or emergency medical care;
- Experience as a family member or caregiver of a person receiving such care;
- Clinical quality measurement, including domains such as care coordination, patient safety, appropriate use, and population health and prevention;
- Qualified clinical data registries; and
- Health information technology.
This TEP will provide expertise related to measure development for the Quality Payment Program. Nominations close at 11:59 p.m. ET on January 8, 2018.
For more information about the project and to download the TEP Nomination Form, go to the Technical Expert Panels page at: https://www.cms.gov/Medicare/Quality-Initiatives-Patient-Assessment-Instruments/MMS/Technical-Expert-Panels.html and click: “Currently Accepting Nominations (this includes the Panel Call, the Nomination form and the TEP Charter).”
- For information, click: “CMS Quality Measure Development Plan: Supporting the Transition to the Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) and Alternative Payment Models (APMs).”
- To download the TEP Nomination Form, scroll to the “Downloads” section at the bottom of the page and click: “CMS Quality Measure Development Plan: Supporting the Transition to the Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) and Alternative Payment Models (APMs) [ZIP].”
For questions or technical assistance, please email to MACRA-MDP@hsag.com.