ACL has opened a new funding opportunity to establish Centers for Independent Living in Guam, American Samoa, and Pennsylvania.
The goal of this opportunity is to expand and improve the provision of independent living services in the targeted areas and to support statewide networks of these centers. There are currently no Centers for Independent Living (CILs) funded in Guam, American Samoa, and the three county area (Allegheny, Armstrong, and Westmoreland) surrounding Pittsburgh, PA.
Selected grants will service individuals with disabilities in providing independent living services. Activities will include:
- Facilitate the development and achievement of independent living goals;
- Work to increase the availability and improve the quality of community options for independent living;
- Provide independent living services;
- Conduct activities to increase the capacity of communities within the service area to meet the needs of individuals with significant disabilities; and
- Conduct resource development activities to obtain other funding.
CILs are expected to adhere to the Standards and Assurances as set forth in the Rehabilitation Act Chapter I Section 725. CILs are evaluated based on information provided in annual reports, quarterly and annual fiscal reports, and ongoing communication between the CIL and program staff.
Learn more about this new Centers for Independent Living grant opportunity.
Please visit the link above for more details about the grant and application process. This grant opportunity closes on June 30, 2017.
To stay current on ACL grant opportunities, please visit www.grants.gov and search: Administration for Community Living.