Call for Nominees: 2018 Technical Expert Panel (TEP)
CMS is looking for 10-12 stakeholders, consumers, patients, and experts to serve on a Technical Expert Panel (TEP) to help shape the ongoing effort to improve the Quality Payment Program.
The panel will review improvement activities conducted in the first year of the effort, especially those about which the Quality Payment Program Service Center has been receiving comments and questions.
The purpose is to:
- Engage users in the design of these improvement activities
- Solicit feedback on the improvement activities with those using them in the real world
- Ensure that improvement activities are valid, weighted correctly, and that the qualifications/criteria make sense
Nominees should ideally have the following perspectives and areas of expertise:
- Subject matter/clinical expertise with improvement activities
- Consumer/patient/family (non-medical caregiver)
- Healthcare disparities
- Performance measurement
- Quality improvement
The nomination period closes at 5:00 p.m. PT on January 12, 2018. Nominees should submit a completed and signed TEP Nomination Form and letter of interest.
Those who would like to share their perspective or experience with improvement activities are encouraged to join the TEP and provide their unique perspectives. Patients, patient family members, and/or non-medical caregivers are valuable to this process as they can provide an essential viewpoint that can further inform this work.
Click here to view the full posting and submission details.