2013 Webinar Series on Alzheimer’s Disease and Resources
The National Institute on Aging (NIA) at the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and the Administration for Community Living (ACL) are collaborating to host a webinar series with the goals of 1) improving coordination of federal resources available to assist people with Alzheimer’s disease or other dementias and their family caregivers and 2) encouraging awareness of research participation opportunities.
NIA and ACL invite you to take advantage of these opportunities. You can register for all the webinars or just the one or two that most interest you. Registration will open approximately two months in advance of each webinar.
- Webinar #1: Updates on Alzheimer’s Disease Research & Resources
Thursday, May 23, 1:30–3pm ET
- Webinar #2: People with Intellectual or Developmental Disabilities and Dementia
Tuesday, June 25, 1:30–3pm ET
- Webinar #3: Diverse Populations, Health Disparities and Dementia
Wednesday, July 24, 1:30–3:30pm ET
- Webinar #4: Younger Onset Dementia
Tuesday, August 20, 1:30–3pm ET
- Webinar #5: Advanced Stage Dementia & Palliative Care
*New date* Tuesday, September 24, 1:30–3pm ET
Back to top
Materials now posted on the AoA.gov Alzheimer’s Disease Supportive Services Program page (Resources and Useful Links).
Back to top
Webinar #5: Advanced Stage Dementia & Palliative Care
*New date* Tuesday, September 24, 1:30–3pm ET – Registration now open
The focus of this webinar will be on the clinical course and care of people with advanced dementia as supported by research in both nursing home and home and community-based settings. Discussion will include research directions and opportunities, including recruitment, as well as specialized resources.
- Basil Eldadah, MD, PhD, Division of Geriatrics and Clinical Gerontology, NIA
- Susan L. Mitchell, MD, MPH, Professor of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, and Senior Scientist, Hebrew SeniorLife Institute for Aging Research
- Greg Sachs, MD, FACP, Professor of Medicine, Chief, Division of General Internal Medicine and Geriatrics, Department of Medicine, Indiana University School of Medicine, Scientist, IU Center for Aging Research, Regenstrief Institute, Inc., Service Line Leader for Palliative Care, IU Health Physicians
- Greg Link, Aging Services Program Specialist, Office of Supportive & Caregiver Services, Administration on Aging/Administration for Community Living
Moderator: Amy Wiatr-Rodriguez, AoA/ACL
To register for the online event:
- Go to http://goo.gl/w03Or1 and click “Register.”
- On the registration form, enter your information and click “Submit.” Once the host approves your registration, you will receive a confirmation email message with instructions on how to join the event.
Back to top